Thursday 10 May 2012

Stress!

Ok so I have 1 and a half weeks until I set up my work in my university degree show. 


That means I have 1 and a half weeks to finish making cushions, sew a wall hanging, transfer my patterns to mugs, mount work on design sheets...
To add to my work load I'm also in the process of creating a website, and soon I will need to design and order business cards and other promotional material. 


It's an exciting time but it's also very stressful. 
Unfortunately for my friends and family when I'm stressed I SNAP!!!
It seems to be the closer you are to me the more you feel my bite! My poor old Dad is used to my moody behaviour and deals with it by laughing at me or giving me great fatherly advice. My Mum tends to just ignore me. Both of my parents techniques work great!
My poor son Ollie does not escape my moodiness, God bless him! I do hate snapping at him so in between snaps I tend to say "I'm stressed and snappy so I'm sorry but I can't help it". He has grown up with this side of me so he just says "yes I know" and stays away from me. Welcome to Mary's School of Perfect Parenting - pah!
Now, the newest recipient of my bite is my boyfriend Joe. He has a very different method of dealing with me... He finds it very amusing to try his best to wind me up even more! He winds me, and winds me, until I'm like a coiled spring! I yell my head off and call him all the names under the sun! But in a bizarre twist, because Joe is laughing and joking it does lighten the situation, it gets my tension out quicker, and a happier Mary returns faster.


Because I'm so very busy my friends have not received the snappy end of my stick over this period... YET! But unfortunately I have had little to no time for them, they're getting neglected and I'm missing them! But I will definitely make up for this once deadlines have past!

No comments:

Post a Comment